Docman rewrite proposition
From FusionForge Wiki
- UI enhancements
- storage models thru API : SCM, DB, FS (FS has been selected. no DB storage anymore in FF5.3)
- docman access thru WebDAV
- basic locking (locked, unlocked)
- link with others tools such as : trackers, wiki, scm, frs
- user view
- export full docman as archive
- document versionning
- notification by document
- workflow of validation
- compressing data on-the-fly for saving storage
- better integration of roles with the forge
Note: step1 and step2 are included in 5.1 (see Roadmap for more details).
Note: step3 is included in 5.2 (see Roadmap for more details).
Note: step4 is included in 5.3 (see Roadmap for more details).
Note: step5 is under development in master."
step1 : UI enhancement (Finished)
- new UI landed in trunk (DONE: 20100730)
- trash implementation (DONE: 20100814 : files only)
- UI theme (DONE: 20100814)
step2 : (Finished)
- basic locking (locked/unlocked) (reservation DONE: 20101027)
- export as archive (DONE: 20101012)
- monitoring (files only DONE: 20101105)
- user view (basic widget DONE: 20101113)
- webdav (DONE: (GET,PROPFIND implemented) 20101020)
step3 : (Finished)
- mass action (download, delete selected files) (DONE: 20110117)
- better role definition (DONE: 20110630)
- download directory as zip file (DONE: 20110113)
- upload zipfile, uncompress on the fly and create the complete tree if needed (DONE: 20101220)
- mechanism for disabling tooltip per user preference (DONE: 20110119)
- implement ProjectsHierarchyPlugin (DONE : 20120226)
- widget from project summary (basic view DONE: 20101220)
- widget for user view : all projects docman (DONE: 20101229)
- add docman in activity (DONE: 20110204)
- allow manual upload of docs with SCP/SFTP/whatever, like the FRS does (DONE: 20110204) (also in 5.1)
- allow resize of div and memorize it (DONE: 20110515)
- reimplement trash, pending files (gui and backend) (DONE: 20110630)
- add path in files listing for better navigation (DONE: 20110728)
- reimplement document edition zone using modal window (DONE: 20120218)
step4 : (Finished)
- storage in FS (DONE: 20120603)
- monitor a directory (DONE: 20120710)
- new directory appears in activity (DONE: 20120710)
- add number of download per file (DONE: 20120716)
- tracking downloads (who, when) like in FRS (DONE: 20121216)
step5 : (to be done)
- webdav MKCOL support (DONE: 20140406)
- webdav DELETE support (DONE: 20140406)
- webdav PUT support (DONE: 20140411)
- webdav MOVE support (DONE: 20141017)
- unify icon in theme
- select members to be notify when you add an item.
- option to steal a lock (and send a mail to originator)
- Make it easy to send a link to a document. (to tell someone to update a document and to give a link for it.)
- map webdav locking to lock/reservation in docman.
- new action: send a document to selected people.
- new massaction: move multiple files to another directory (DONE: 20140412)
- rewrite permissions using tracker RBAC model (bitmask)
- user widget: pending files needing validation.
step6 : (to be done)
- add an user repository (a personal docman) (currently docman is project oriented... offering a personal docman would need a huge rewrite.)
- rewrite search engine (User:Lolando has a patch series for that)
- rewrite backend ?