Import Export Plugin
- Project Import/Export Plugin
- The import/export plugin aims to ease the migration of project data between forges. Goal is to allow interoperability between projects hosted on different forges. As data in these forges are usually locked, which means that its quite easy to start a new project but it is not as easy if the project is already mature and the developers decide to migrate to a different forge system.This project will try to solve the following use cases:
- Export a project from FusionForge, along with all its information (issues, trackers, etc.).
- Import a project to FusionForge that has been exported from another forge.
- Ideally define a common standard to represent the data in such way to be easily consumable by other services.
- Plugin Changelog
- Plugin Changelog for project_import-export
- in development
- Matrix by Fusionforge Version and by Linux Distribution
- import/export for Mediawiki_Plugin, including for private projets (currently: daily XML export for public projects only)
- import/export for Mailman users and configuration
- mass import/export for Mailman archives (currently: only per-month archive mbox with e-mail obfuscation)
- OSLC specifications
- Projectimport plugin
- FOAF plugin
- DOAP RDF plugin
- (Article on Linked Data descriptions of Debian source packages) 
- Three Systemic Problems with Open-Source Hosting Sites: 2009 blog post from forgeplucker developer Eric S. Raymond describing the need for import/export
- Call for contribution: project description, with reference links
The import export plugin will have to support different formats as exported from the different types of platforms.
GitHub provides an API for developers to access the public or private repositories of its users, as well as all their metadata.
Access to the API is via HTTP GET requests and the user authentication can be realised via basic authentication (username, password) or OAuth2 authentication.
The format of the response can be returned in JSON among other. More information about media types.
An example cURL request to retrieve all the issues of the project redcarpet of user vmg.
As stated in the related tasks section, mediawiki pages should also be available for export.
The current method of exportation is defined in the mediawiki plugin page
Currently there are many different types of plugins available for extracting the project metadata from Google Code web-site.
There is also an API provided by Google for the issue trackers, but as stated on the official documentation it has been declared as deprecated.