Project admin page/6.1
This page in other versions: master
Each project has an administrative tab, it requires "Project Administration" permission. This tab provides access to administrative actions such as user membership, role definition, tool activation, and more.
- 1 Submenu
- 2 Project Information
- 3 Users and permissions
- 4 Tools
- 5 Project History
- 6 Effort Units
- 7 Post/Edit Jobs
- 8 Edit Multimedia Data
- 9 VHOSTS
- 10 Stats
The project administrative page provides a submenu with the following entries, depending on the configuration of the FusionForge installation & the tools activated by the project itself:
- Project Information: view/modify project informaton such as public description, public name, ...
- Users and permissions: add/remove users & permissions setting.
- Tools: activate/deactivate tools
- Project History: track project information modification
- Effort Units: related to tracker feature. Setup Effort Units at project level.
- Post Jobs: post an open position in the project.
- Edit Jobs: adjust/modify an open position in the project
- Edit Multimedia Data: publish internal images, such as project logo.
- VHOSTS: setup dedicated project vhosts.
- Stats: display usage per main features used by the project.
This tab presents some static information about the project and offers some elements to be modify.
- Static Information and if configuration flag use_shell is enable, then the information about shell are display:
- group shell (SSH) server: display the SSH server where members of the project can ssh to.
- group directory on shell server: the homedir of the project on the SSH server
- Project WWW directory on shell server: the www root directory to host the project website.
- Dynamic Information:
- Descriptive Project Name: administrators can modify the name of the project. Remember that the unixname of the project cannot be modify.
- Short Description: The project short description can be adjusted. Max. 255 characters. Blocks_Plugin proposes a mechanism to enhance and overwrite the information of this field.
- Project Tags: if configuration flag use_projects_tags is set. Add new tags to the project, comma separated. Other available tags from public projects can be selected as well by ticking.
- Trove categorization: if configuration flag use_trove is set. Point a dedicated page to set the trove categorization. See this page for more information.
- Homelink: fusionforge provides self web hosting mechanism. Administrators can set the Homepage to another URL.
- Notifications setup: Administrator can set email address for notification on some specific features:
Users and permissions
FusionForge relies on the implementation of a Role-Based Access Control. Refer to this page for more information about RBAC.
The interface is divided into 2 parts.
- First part is dedicated to members administration (add, remove, adjust roles for members)
- Second part is dedicated to role administration (modify, create, delete, link roles)
There are 3 options to add members to a project.
- add an user, one by one.
- add users from registered users in FusionForge
- user can request to join.
Add one user
This option requires the administrator to know the User login.
- Set the login of the User in the field
- Select the role to apply to the user
- Click on Add member button.
Add users from list
This option is a 2-step mechanism:
- Project administrator must select in the A-Z alphabetic users to join. Project administrator must tick user by user to build a complete list of users to join. The alphabetic list is based on the lastname of the user. Once all users selected, project administrator have to click on the Finish button to move to the second step.
- The list of selected users is displayed. Project administrators must select one role to apply per user. Once done, project administrators have to click on the Add all button.
Adjust roles to user
To remove an user from the project, simply click on the Remove button right next to the user name.
Join a project
Users can request to join a project. To do so, user must have a user account and must be logged. The project must use the Widget Project Members.
- Browse to the summary page
- On the Widget Project Members, click on Request to join link
- Fill the request
- Click on the Submit button
The project administrators are notified by mail to perform action on the request: reject or accept. In both case, the user is notified by mail of the result.
User can submit multiple project join request, however FusionForge will reject multiple submission if a existing request is not yet treated by project admins.
Each tool enabled by Forge Admins can be activated/deactivated by project. Ticked tools are activated in the project. Some tools provided a direct link to the administrative part of the tool.
Icon right to the name of the tool indicates the status of the plugin. On production system, by default only validated plugins are available, therefore the green icon presence.
This tab displays track of each modification made on the project item such as Project Full Name, Public information, status, etc.
Information are organized into a 4-columns table:
- Old Value
- Date: date of the modification
- By: author of the modification
Using tracker feature provides a way to follow time spent, time estimation on each artifact. Effort Units are time unit and are used by the tracker custom field Effort only.
Effort Units can be define at 3 levels:
Each later definition overwrite the previous one, i.e.: forge definition can be overwrite at project level, as so on.
By default, each project does not have specific effort units definition.
See Effort Custom Field for more detail on how to set up and how to use it.