Difference between revisions of "Tracker/6.1"
|Line 178:||Line 178:|
== Import/Export ==
== Import/Export ==
=== CSV export ===
=== CSV export ===
=== XML export ===
=== XML export ===
=== RSS feed ===
=== RSS feed ===
Revision as of 09:36, 3 March 2018
This page in other versions: master
FusionForge provides a complete and powerful issue/bug/feature tracking system.
- 1 Main Features
- 2 Plugin extensions
- 3 Available Widgets
- 4 Activation
- 5 Trackers Main Page
- 6 Tracker
- 7 Browse Page
- 8 Import/Export
- 9 Reporting
- 10 Artifacts
- 11 Roadmap
- unlimited number of trackers. A tracker is a specific set of permission per role, a complete configuration of fields, workflow, etc. Each tracker can be set independently providing a large amount of freedom.
- unlimited number of artifacts. Each artifact has his unique id.
- role based access per tracker.
- workflow per tracker. Linking fields with role to define a full life cycle of the artifact.
- custom fields per tracker. To extend default fields of an artifact to enhance the experience and the use.
tracker system can be extended using the following plugins:
- Projects Hierarchy provides hierarchical 1:n view to list trackers
- scmhook provides hooks for linking artifact and commits
- taskboard to get Agile features
user oriented widgets
project oriented widgets
To enable this system at forge level, the configuration flag use_tracker must be set to yes. Per project, the system can be enable/disable through the Project admin page.
Trackers Main Page
The Project Trackers Main Page displays a submenu and a 4-column table listing each available tracker. Permissions apply, i.e. only accessible trackers to the user are displayed.
- View Trackers: point to the Trackers Main Page
- Roadmap: point to the roadmap feature.
- Reporting: some graphical reports on trackers usage.
- Administration: link to Administrative page to create new tracker and get direct access to the dedicated Administrative page of each tracker or to manage the roadmap feature.
The table has the following columns. Click on column title to reorder.
- Tracker Name
- Tracker Description
- Total of open artifacts
- Total of artifacts
Tracker creation requires:
- a name
- a description
- an unique email address to set any new artifact submission
- tick send email on all changes to receive notification on all modification/creation of artifacts in this tracker.
The following fields are not used but still displayed:
- Days till considered overdue
- Days till pending tracker items timeout
To create a new tracker, click on Administration tab from the Tracker Main page, fill the required fields and click on Submit. User requires Trackers Administration permission.
Relying on RBAC, tracker permissions are splitted into 2 groups.
- Trackers administration permissions:
- No administrative access: when set, then the per tracker permission apply.
- Trackers Administration: when set, then role has full access to any tracker and any action over tracker
- Per tracker permissions:
- No access: This setting forbids access to any artifacts of this tracker (tracker not visible in the browse page, no visibility in the project activity tab, ...)
- Read only
- Read & submit
- Tech & Manager
- Read & submit + vote
- Technician + vote
- Manager + vote
- Tech & Manager + vote
The section Default for new tracker applies when new tracker is created.
Once a tracker is created and permissions set, it is possible to adjust the configuration to fit specific usage.
Once tracker created, user can modify the following elements:
- name of the tracker
- description of the tracker
- unique email address used to send notification on creation
- check/uncheck send notice on all changes
- days till considered overdue (not used)
- days till pending tracker items time out (not used)
- free form text for the “Submit New” page
- free form text for the Browse page
Click on Submit to validate modification.
notice: in some case, on old FusionForge installation, name and description cannot be modified.
This feature is to track time spent on artifact. Time value can be anything but should be meaningful such as hour, day, week. Time values are inherited by default by the parent definition. Tracker inherits from project. Project inherits from the Forge itself. At each level, user can redefine the values, i.e: a tracker can have his own definition of a day. For instance, a day can be 7 hours of work only. Effort units are used as reference values in the Effort custom field.
Each tracker comes with default fields and can be enhanced with custom fields which may overwrite default fields. Each field have properties (name and values are the obvious one). Each artifact is defined by value of each field.
- Id: automatically generated. Incremented.
- Summary: manual entry
- Description: manual entry
- Submitted by: automatically set on artifact creation
- Open date (Date Submitted): automatically set on artifact creation
- Last modified date: automatically set on artifact modification
- Last modified by: automatically set on artifact modification
- Closed date: automatically set on artifact modification
- Data Type: manual entry. Data Type is the tracker.
- State: manual entry. By default, State is set to open on artifact creation. This field comes with 2 values by default: open or close. The custom field Status overwrites this field.
- Priority: manual entry. From 1 to 5, where 1 is the lowest to 5 the highest priority.
As a complement to the default fields, each tracker can enhanced by creating & setting custom fields. There are 3 kinds of custom fields:
- generic: checkbox, radio buttons, selectbox, multiselectbox, textfield
- project specific: users, file release, efforts
- overwrite default fields: status
No limits of number of custom fields per tracker. More information about custom fields on dedicated page.
Per tracker, a status workflow can be created. It requires to set a custom field status. Workflow aims to allow/forbid move from one status to another to roles and required fields to be set.
Only one workflow can be created per tracker. More information about workflow on dedicated page.
Browse custom list
By default, the following fields are displayed:
- Open Date
- Assigned to
- Submitted by
This list can be modified in the Administration Menu > Customize List entry. The field list can be reordered. New field can be added, based on existing default fields and custom fields. Field can be also removed from the list using the delete action.
The Id field cannot be removed. This field is mandatory to get Mass Update action.
The browse page is organized into 4 areas and a main listing resulting of filtering. The 4 areas are:
- the dynamic submenu (1)
- the paging preference access (2)
- the Query builder block (3)
- the Mass Update block (4)
The main listing displays the column as selected in configuration of the tracker (See how to customize this list). The number of artifacts is according the paging preference and/or the max. number of artifacts found.
The submenu is dynamic depending on the action user is doing and user permissions. On the browsing page, the submenu contains the following elements:
- View Trackers: point to entry page of the tracking system of the project
- <name of the tracker>: point to the browse page itself
- Export CSV: point to Export page.
- Submit New: point to the artifact creation page. Requires submit permission to get this submenu entry.
- Reporting: point to the reporting/statistic page. Requires to have manager permission.
- Monitor: enable/disable monitoring this tracker. Requires to be logged and having read permission.
- Administration: point to administration page. Requires Administrative permissions.
Only available if user is logged.
The paging preference can be modify on this page to select the number of artifacts displayed. This preference is unique per user across the forge. Default value is 25. Modifying here the paging preference will modify it to all pages using the paging system such as document browse page.
Two kind of queries are available:
- Advanced query: using the powerful Query builder to create specific query to apply on filtering.
- Simple filtering and sorting: where user can select ordering or filtering artifact list.
See Query builder page for more information.
By default, the Mass Update block is collapsed. To open the block, click on the small arrow on top left of the border.
Ticked artifacts can be massed updated. Only select or multiselect type of custom fields can be mass-updated.
To export as CSV a tracker, user must have read access to the tracker. This export is per tracker. Exported default field elements are (one line per artifact):
The custom fields are exported as well.
To export a tracker, select the tracker to browse, click on Export as CSV entry submenu. Adjust the separator and header if needed, use advanced options if needed. Click on Download as CSV button.
Export Separator & Header
User can adjust the separator to use (default is comma) and include a header. This header is the list of column name.
By default, browsing page default filter is applied. To overwrite this setting, user can open the Advanced Options and tick the overwrite default filtering.
Exported data can be limited by using the From advanced option to set a date to export the data from this date to now.
This RSS feed presents the following information:
- A title with a linked icon to jump to the Project Tracker Main Page.
- per tracker:
- title to jump to Tracker Browse Page
- description of the tracker with the total of open & closed issues.
The permission settings apply, i.e: user must have read permission to list trackers.
Forge command line
The forge binary located in the ~/bin/ directory. It provides functions to import/export artifact, tracker.
More information about forge command line here
Display view configuration
There is 2 options to configure the view of an artifact.
- Use the default 2-columns view with an advanded PHP/html template mechanism
- Use the widget system to organize the elements in the artifact page.
Custom Field Rendering Template
The default 2-columns table can be modify to reorder the custom fields. It requires HTML skills. Only reordering of custom fields is possible. The 2-columns view cannot be modified. Once modified, to reset the default 2-columns, the delete template link must be used.
Artifact Tracker Widget View
This view reuses the Widget System available for Forge, Project and User homepage. It provides the ability to organize the display per tracker. By default, the following widgets are activated and cannot be disabled or minimzed:
To enable this view, the configuration flag use_tracker_widget_display must be set to yes. This setting is forge-wide.