Forum: help

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: Intallation on Ubuntu 16.04. Experiment feedback and questions. [ Reply ]
By: Franck Villaume on 2017-12-24 10:29
[forum:1082]
Hi,

thank you for all your feedback.

1. deb install on Ubuntu 16.04:
Ubuntu is not officially supported. That being said, here are some comments. Hope it helps.
FusionForge deb packages are published in debian official repository. 6.0.5 is available in sid:
https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/fusionforge
However FusionForge 6.0.x relies on an old Mediawiki (1.19.x) not available anymore in debian 8 or debian 9. Both Debian releases ships Mediawiki 1.27.
FusionForge 6.0.x does not support Mediawiki due to missing Mediawiki for Debian.
FusionForge 6.1 does support Mediawiki on Debian. Mediawiki plugin has been updated to work with Mediawiki 1.23 (CentOS) and 1.27 (Debian). Mediawiki plugin requires Mediawiki package to be install with the distribution.
By the way, deb packages are also self hosted here:
http://fusionforge.fusionforge.org/deb/ only jessie flavor available. stretch is under work.

2. Mediawiki plugin installation:
Since you have install Mediawiki source, you should be able to link Mediawiki and FusionForge.
From your clone dir, try the following commands:
cd src/
make install-plugin-mediawiki
make post-install-plugin-mediawiki

Share your install logs, and the errors if any.

3. Migrate an old gforge to FusionForge:
a lot can be say here. Which version of gforge are you using? Upgrading from an 5.1.x version to 6.x is quite smooth.
Major steps are:
- backup the old gforge database + all data usually stored in /var/lib/gforge + config file
- setup a brand new server with FusionForge installed.
- merge the old configuration into the new configuration
- merge the backed data into /var/lib/fusionforge
- drop the new FusionForge database, restore your gforge database
- rerun the upgrade.php script to upgrade the database and fix all database errors

For older gforge (even gforge enterprise), or other old sourceforge EE or strange fork from SourceForge EE like CollabNet, migration can be done but it is more tricky.
Sometime a 2-migration steps can be needed, .i.e: from 4.x to 5.1. Then from 5.1 to 6.x

Intallation on Ubuntu 16.04. Experiment feedback and questions. [ Reply ]
By: Christophe Gengembre on 2017-12-22 17:42
[forum:1081]
Dear help list,

I try to install the latest fusion forge version on an Ubuntu 16.04LTS linux OS.

First, I try to do it from the package manager (I look at DEB Installation in fusionforge.org Mediawiki). Ubuntu 16.04 comes from Debian Stretch/9 so I tried :
# apt-get install fusionforge
=> this returned a error due to deprecated php functions.
I saw in fusionforge forum that for ubuntu 16.04 I had to install a more recent FF dist (above 6.0.4 ?) So I try to do it from a git repository to get the latest version :
# git clone git://fusionforge.org/fusionforge/fusionforge.git
# cd fusionforge
# sudo ./autoinstall/install-src.sh
... installation of serveral packages ...
... and then : ...
Package mediawiki is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'mediawiki' has no installation candidate
#
So I comment out mediawiki package in install-src.sh and then all seem to be right :
I wanted to retry a clean install with my install-src.sh modified, so I try to uninstall fusionforge with :
# ./autoinstall/uninstall.sh
But uninstall.sh uses aptitude instead of apt-get. So I installed aptitude.
And finally :
# ./autoinstall/uninstall.sh
# ./autoinstall/install-src.sh
# forge_set_password admin xxx
=> Ok, Fantastic I get the fusionforge page in my browser and I can login as admin.

Thereafter, I manage to install a Mediawiki site from the official git repository :
# git clone https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/source/mediawiki.git
... and then follow instructions to get a Mediawiki site.
But now, how can I get a mediawiki integrated in my fusionforge instance for each project ?

Furthermore, I've got an old gforge installation that I want to migrate to my new fusionforge installation. Could you advice me about this migration ?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Yours.
Christophe.