Forum: help

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: 6.1 Could not connect to database error [ Reply ]
By: Andy Barnes on 2019-12-19 21:00
[forum:1190]
sorry for the delay in replying.

i'm not sure it is limited to rating_stats.php, i'm not 100% sure it's that at all. i can't find any other cron jobs which are trying to connect to a database, so I'm presuming it's a fusion forge job. I can't find an error in any log which identifies the job which is failing

By: Franck Villaume on 2019-12-05 09:33
[forum:1187]
Hi,

is it limited to rating_stats.php cronjob or is it random error?

By: Andy Barnes on 2019-12-05 08:18
[forum:1186]
Hi,

Yes, we still have the problem.

The most annoying thing about it is that we cannot find the source of the error.

The users and not-logged-in user have been given a very limited set of permissions. I would sooner start from none and add rather than with lots and remove. I am wondering if that has something to do with it.

We are still very much in "evaluation mode" and at the minute this does not seem to be affecting how we use the site and so I do not see this as a show stopper.

While I still look for the cause, I have decided that at some point we will find something that is not quite working properly and that will point us towards what is failing.

By: Franck Villaume on 2019-11-25 14:30
[forum:1185]
Is it still happening?

6.1 Could not connect to database error [ Reply ]
By: Andy Barnes on 2019-10-27 20:43
[forum:1182]
Hi,

I have just installed the latest RPM version.

It seems to be mostly working fine but at least one of the jobs is failing with the error:

Could not connect to database

If I run

sudo forge_run_job db/rating_stats.php

it outputs the above message to the console.

I also get this message output to the console at odd times, I have looked in a lot of the log files but they have not been helpful.

PHP isn't my strong point, but I have dumped the connection details passed to the db layer from this script and they look correct. Other jobs seem to be working correctly and the web front end seems to be fine.

I have run a grep -ri "Could not connect to database" and that does not return any matches except for a couple of "Could Not Connect to Database"

Our server is an AWS EC2 instance and the database is on an RDS instance.

I do not really know what to look at next. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Andy