- Date: 2014-04-18, ~10am to sometime in the afternoon
- Place: 23, avenue d'Italie,75013 Paris - http://www.irill.org/about/access - room "Langages", 3rd floor
- Framadate: http://framadate.org/denfyp6anohle7o6
- Meet each others :)
- Talk about everybody's work on forges
- Plan the roadmap/features for the next FusionForge version, and prepare an announcement, grouping planned improvements by visibility and use Fusionforge tracker to display it (roadmap) :
First, let's continue to discuss issues in the Friday IRC meeting - the IRL meeting doesn't take over all forms of discussions ;)
Let's try to list impacting topics here. Express features, then the implementation details and impact (the ends rather than the means).
- Improve Ergonomy & accessibility
- Requirement: use a templating system (Symfony's Twig?)
- Requirement: or keep using standard Fusionforge HTML and utils helpers; rewrite the feedback / error_msg / warning_msg system using cookie?
- Involving an ergonomy person
- leads: Gitolite-style single user? Apache-Fuse IPC? SabreDav? Lolando's mod-itk experiment?
- Responsiveness (create projects & SSH keys immediately)
- Release process
- Make the release cycle *way* shorter, to help void forks (e.g. EvolvisForge stuck on 5.1) ; 5.4 or 6.0 ?
- Use tracker vote system to adapt our roadmap ?
- Taking care of the open Features Requests, Patches and Bugs. (20140405: 49 bugs, 15 patches, 85 feature requests)
- Common installation system & merge/minimize Debian packaging branch
- Private Git repositories browsing 
- NFS limitations (16 groups/user) - what to recommend? (kernel patch, webdav, iSCSI)
- GID potential conflicts (user gids start at 20000, is at 39000 at Inria, projects starts at 50000)
- Planetforge, Forge Ecosystem
- Continue Docman enhancement Docman_rewrite_proposition
If there's time, we could talk on trolly :
- Long-term evolution : towards a framework, towards improved internal funcs, towards Drupal...
Ideas that didn't fit the topics above :
- Under "Improve Ergonomy & accessibility", please explain the link to topic :
- Using a microframework (Symfony's Silex? )
- Should we try to share a Common plugin system, or support others? mediawiki ?, drupal ?, ...?
- Please clarify:
- Use/make ldap or Idp provider plugin (openid, cas, fusiondirectory, lemonldap, simplesamlphp )?
- Rewrite FRS: use docman/tracker code model, link with hudson? link with SCM tags? link with artefact repository? FRS_rewrite_proposition
- Rewrite Diary: make it a blog feature ? => following IRC discussion it appears nerville thinks of a big plan to rewrite PHP objects Diary_rewrite_proposition